03/04/2011

Thanksgiving Prayers of St Basil the Great

O Christ our God and Master, King of the Ages and Creator of all, I thank Thee for all the favours that Thou has granted to me and for the participation in Thy Pure and Life-giving Mysteries. I beseech Thee, therefore, O Gracious and Loving Lord, guard me under Thy Protection and under the shadow of Thy Wings: and grant me a clear conscience to my last breath, so that worthily I may receive Thy Holy Things for the forgiveness of sins and Life Eternal.
For Thou art the Bread of Life, the Fountain of Holiness, the Giver of all that is Good, and unto Thee we ascribe Glory with the Father and the Holy Spirit, now and forever, and from all Ages to all Ages. Amen
Thou Who grants me willingly nourishment of Thine own Flesh: Thou Who art Fire and burns up the unworthy, do not scorch me, O my Maker, but rather pass through me for the right ordering of my members, into all my joints, my affections, and my heart. Burn up the thorns of all my offences; Purify my soul; Sanctify my mind; make strong my knees and my bones; Enlighten the simplicity of my five senses; nail down the whole of me with Thy Fear.
Always Protect, Guard and Watch over me, and keep me from every soul destroying deed and word.
Sanctify and Purify and order me; make me clean, give me Understanding and Enlighten me; make me worthy to be the habitation of the Only Holy Spirit, and no longer a habitation of sin; so that as Thine Abode from the Entrance of Thy Holy Communion, every evil deed and passion may flee from me like fire.
As supplicants I bring to Thee all those whom Thou hast Sanctified: the Leaders of the Angelic Powers; Thy Forerunner; Thine Enlightened Apostles; and further, Thy Pure and Spotless Mother.
Receive the Prayers of these, O Merciful Christ, and make Thy slave a Child of Light. For Thou art our Sanctification and our only Good, and the Illumination of our souls, and unto Thee as our God and Master each day as is fitting,
we ascribe all Glory, Honour and Worship. Amen
Lord Jesus Christ, our God, may Thy Holy Body be unto me for Everlasting Life and Thy Precious Blood for the Forgiveness of sins.
And may this Holy Eucharist be Joy, Health and Gladness for me and at Thine awful Second Coming make me, a sinner, worthy to stand at the right hand of Thy Glory, through the Intercessions of Thy Pure Mother and of all Thy Saints. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment