Incense has blessing, it has grace, it has power against demons, so use the incense and censer, cense there in the iconostasis, next to the lamp.
During the time of Prayer, morning and evening and
noon, and when there is tension in the house - the house will change
atmosphere, change colour, become fragrant, serious, peaceful, loving, and the
souls will become rejuvenated.
I remember a child, a little boy who was 15 years old,
when he saw his parents fighting he would immediately go and light incense and
cense them. He would incense his dad and mom!
“Make peace”, he would tell them. “I am a child, what
examples will I take from you? Make peace, dad and mom”. With the presence of
our all Holy God, the Shelter of our Virgin Mary, the gentle fluttering of the
angels, along with the incense in the house, clearly misunderstandings and
disturbances disappear.
Temptations and demons have no place in this beautiful
house. So, do not fail to incense your house, and your shop and your work if
possible, and I will close with “Incense, incense, incense”.
While censing we should chant troparions, whatever we
remember, and when we are incensed we should bow our heads and make the sign of
the Cross.
Incense transforms the house into a Church at home.
And I repeat that it drives away demons and
temptations.
The souls of all the relatives are filled with Divine
Blessing through incense.
-
D. Papadaki

No comments:
Post a Comment