THE SIGN OF THE CROSS
As Orthodox Christians we need to make the sign of the cross:
1. Before and during our prayers.
2. When we leave or return to our home.
3. Before and after each meal.
4. When we enter the church or when passing by it. It is a type of greeting to our friends the Saints.
5. When beginning or completing any task.
6. When we see a funeral procession passing. We should stop and not move until the procession has passed.
7. When a litany is passing by us.
8. When the priest bears the Holy Communion under his stole.
9. When we are faced with danger. We should also say a short prayer at this time.
10. When we are starting out on a journey, when we reach our destination and give thanks to God.
11. At every piece of good news or event, thanking God.